Sunday 5 October 2014

Hello world! About myself and the goal

Hi,

I'm Greg Lukosek, geek, software engineer, with mechanical engineering diploma and 3D Artist experience.

I had this idea in my mind for last years and finally decided to push this forward as soon as possible.
The goal is quite simple, however huge. Build home "budget" flight simulator cockpit taking user as close to real experience as possible. I literally have nothing started yet so will be posting my work and research from very start of the project. Please feel free to comment and throw some ideas, will really appreciate this.

Main Components:

Planning to use X-Plane 10 as a base sim software but might turn to Microsoft Flight Simulator at some point. Cockpit instruments will be powered by Arduino, or many of them talking to PC through Ethernet or USB. Plan was to build it in office room downstairs but after conversation with wife we decided that garden shed is a better option. Is quite a big one so might even build two seater cockpit, hmmm.


Next steps:
Need to pick an Aircraft i will base the cockpit on. I noticed most of the big builds are basted on big jets like 737 or 747. This is not what I want. I would rather build something smaller, single engine machine perhaps. Cessna 185 is in my mind. I like cockpit simplicity and easy of adding custom avionics. Not to mention I actually flew one of this in the past.





No comments:

Post a Comment